Benefits of Membership
There are many benefits that union electrical contractors receive from the Quad Cities Chapter of NECA, even if they are not members. These include:
- Negotiating three separate labor agreements on behalf of all union electrical contractors.
- Representing a contractor’s interest when a union grievance is filed against them.
- Interviewing, selecting, and training apprentices as part of a management-labor apprenticeship committee.
- Representing the contractor's interest on multi-employer health & welfare, pension, and annuity trust funds.
- Marketing the benefits of using union electrical contractors.
- Lobbying State and Federal government representatives on behalf of the management interests of all union electrical contractors.
DIRECT BENEFITS FOR MEMBERS
- Having a voice and being a leader in the industry.
- Educational Opportunities: Through NECA’s Management Education Institute, members have the opportunity to take advantage of such training opportunities as:
Through NECA's online eSafetyLine, members have a comprehensive tool to establish and maintain their safety programs, which include new safety talks every month and OSHA required written programs.
Interaction with peers and discussion of industry topics at monthly dinner membership meetings.
Access to Various NECA publications and newsletters including:
- Electrical Project Supervision
- Project Management For Electrical Contractors
- Basic and Advanced Estimating
- Design-Build Methods
- Change Orders in Electrical Construction
- Structured Cabling Systems
- Advanced Construction Law
- Succession Planning
- Financial Principles and Tools For The Electrical Contractor
- Successful Entry Into The Voice/Data/Video Market …and many more.
NECA VALUE ADDED BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Safety News
- Tool & Equipment Rental Schedule
- National Electrical Installation Standards
- Project Management Manual
- NECA Manual of Labor Units
- Numerous Electrical Contracting Foundation Studies
- Members can subscribe to the 3E Company's 24 hour, 7 days a week, Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) program. Through this program they are no longer required to have copies of MSDS's on every jobsite.
- Through the NECA Chapter's Plan Deposit Guarantee Program members no longer need to leave a refundable check at most plan holder's offices when picking up plans.
- NECA members can receive discounts on insurance through special programs and agreements with CNA Insurance.
- Fleet and Fuel discounts through Exxon/Mobil and Shell/Texaco. Program also provides security that virtually eliminates unauthorized card use and provides reports designed to meet client-specific control and reporting needs.
- Discounts on office products through Viking Office products.
- Discounts on wireless communications through Sprint PCS.
- Discounts on various participating hotel locations such as Days Inn, Ramada, Travelodge, Comfort & Quality Inns and more.
- Discounts on Dodge Reports and Engineering News Record magazine. ...and the list of value added benefits continues to grow.
MEMBERSHIP DOESN'T COST.....IT PAYS!